frantic om

chaos and creativity

Monday, April 10, 2006

Out on a Limb


Here is my first week's progress on Branching Out from Knitty - my first lace project. I'm past the freakout of knitting fuzzy, splittable thread with size sevens, and I'm even at the point where I can (kind of) read my knitting. So I'm looking forward to progress.

Knitting this pattern makes me aware of some emotional preferences for some stitches over others. Why do I enjoy a k2tog while ssk induces anxiety? And don't get me started on sl-k2tog-psso!

I think some of this has to do with doing something unknown and potentially doing it wrong, or dropping stitches and not knowing where from. And, in this project, not seeing in orderly rows whether it's coming out the way it's supposed to. Repeat to self, "it will get easier". . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home