frantic om

chaos and creativity

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Rogue is Finished!

Finally Rogue is finished, just in time for the really cold weather in NYC. Hunny is happy, he's even modeling:


Pattern: Rogue from www.girlfromauntie.com.
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes (100% wool) in Mist
Needles: size 8 (7 for hem)

I left the twisted stockinette hem down, it seemed less girlie than with a finished clean hem. Otherwise I went with the instructions, lots of techniques beyond my comfort zone with this one, but just going step by step with the pattern (and the hood grafting instructions!) worked wonders.

This took forever but wow, it's amazing. I'm very happy with how it turned out!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

wow looks fabulous! I'm madly looking for inspiration to get on with mine, and I think I've found it :)

5:46 PM  
Blogger spider_knit said...

That's gorgeous.

I think I like it as a men's sweater even more !

6:32 PM  
Blogger Code Purl said...

Wow, I've been planning to make this one and you're inspiring me!
I saw your blog on the New York City Knitters ring and thought you or your readers might be interested in my knitting group The Upper East Side Knitters. Visit our website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UESKnitters/ to join. We meet Tuesday nights at the Starbuck on York Ave. and East 80th St from 7-9 pm.
Take care!
Jen

6:55 PM  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

thanks for visiting my blog. Your finished Rogue is gorgeous! And a big 'yay' for Andean Treasure - looking forward to seeing your Fetching :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Thanks for visiting. The pattern for the bags is my own, and yet to be perfected (there are variations with each bag).

The rogue looks great.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home