frantic om

chaos and creativity

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

First Lace

Pattern : Branching Out
Yarn: KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud in Mist, about 2/3 skein (250-300 yds?) for 38 pattern repeats.
Needles: size 7

I have to admit, I was hating this at first. Couldn't get used to knitting with thread, basically, couldn't read my knitting, lost and gained stitches every fourth row or so . . . really frustrating, not so relaxing at all. But about two thirds of the way in, I started to get it, where the stitches were going, why a ssk here and a k2tog there, and then, it was over. On to blocking, loving the lace, and wanting more. Way more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Persnickety Knitter said...

Your Branching Out looks great! How many skeins of Alpaca Cloud did you use for it?

Thanks for you idea of how to fix my spiral shawl. I might try that if I wasn't afraid that my lack of embroidery skills would make it even worse. ;)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Flynn said...

This is beautiful! I'm scared of trying lace. I don't know why, but I'm afraid of it.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home