frantic om

chaos and creativity

Saturday, April 29, 2006

On Monogamy


I love watching other knitters' blogs with their plethora of projects: socks for the subway, arans for rainy days, and fair isle for really getting down to work. But it's just not working out that way for me. It seems I can only wrap my brain around one knitting pattern at a time. Now it's on Rogue - and Rogue alone. I was thinking what I should bring on next biz trip - something easier? - finish Branching out? - Calla would be light and easy to carry, right?

But the truest answer is: bring the folder and work on Rogue. Not the lightest or the simplest. But it's where my head's at, in knitting anyway. And it's nice to feel that whatever other million things I've got going on in my mind or in my life, the knitting's there to pick up where I left off. And not reconfigure my brain to what the yarn and pattern want every time I pick up a finished object different project. It makes it easier to finish what I started, too. Nothing like a finished object to make me feel like a real (if not multi-projected) knitter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Persnickety Knitter said...

Good for you for being ABLE to stick to one knitting project at a time. ;)

Good luck on your Rogue. Mine is still languishing in a heap in the corner of my living room, trying to make me feel guilty enough to pick it up again and finish it.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home